Prelude and Introduction




Hello!
At this point you have already figured out that this is a blog... a journalism blog! Sarcasm aside, I'm Monet Gutt. I am a first year student at Linn-Benton Community College and I am pursuing degree in Physical therapy, thrilling right? I have always had a passion for helping others and in turn, I happen to be a people person. Outside of my education, I have a passion for art, music, and most notably, dance. It's actually my job! I've been a dance instructor specializing in Tap dancing and the Art of ballet for 4 years and I've loved almost every minute of it. In my personal life, I paint, bother my cat, tend to my houseplants, and spend time with those closest to me.

Since this blog happens do be apart of my photojournalism course, there are a few questions I have to answer within this post! The first of which involves what my three main goals are for this class. Overall, my goals tend to surround improving my abilities as an amature photographer. To be entirely honest, I have never worked with a professional camera other than a handful of times. So, my three goals this term are to work with a professional camera, to gain an understanding of the importance of photojournalism in the media, and to also capture some meaningful moments on camera this term. 

The second and final question I was asked to answer in this blog post was why I took this course in the first place and to be frank, I don't have a very eloquent response to this question. I simply thought this course would be fun to take! 

The following three photos were taken on campus during the span of the first week of the Fall 2022 term at LBCC. All three of these images are focused on the atmosphere that a dark fall morning brings to the senses: comforting, cold, and mysterious. 





A dreary Friday morning as a student enters the LBCC Albany campus from the north side of campus


An LBCC student quietly walking from an early morning class in the rain 


 The scene surrounding Madrone Hall on the first Tuesday of the fall term




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Dancers Behind The Art and The Pandemic

Findings of a student: Around Campus

Eliot porter: The American photographer with a love of all things natural and colorful.